Sunday 21 June 2009

Networking on LinkedIn

LinkedIn is a social networking site for business professionals - a bit like Facebook but without the fun. I have been signed up there for quite a while without seeing any real benefits, though my LinkedIn profile does come up pretty high in a Google search for my name. Also, I have linked up with some real world acquaintances and received and sent recommendations, but no new business has come my way from LinkedIn.

However, I recently started following @problogger, Darren Rowse on Twitter. Among other things he has written a 'Six-Figure Income' blogging book which you can order here through Amazon in the USA or UK and a newer downloadable one you can get here.

Darren has started up a new LinkedIn group for professional bloggers and this looks like being a very useful source of information for would-be professional bloggers everywhere. The first thing I learned from it was that there is such a thing as a professional blogger - you can actually get paid to work as a blogger! There are jobs and everything .... I am sure I will learn much more...

So... if you are hoping to make money blogging, it is worth a look at LinkedIn and the Professional Bloggers Group.

1 comment:

  1. Hi...I belong to LinkedIn, and to the very group you mention. Some great ideas have been learned there.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

/*Google Analytics